- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, (1999-2000). “Gender Issues in Fertility, Mortality and Health” Population Studies, Department of Social Policy, London School of Economics, London with Wellcome Trust Postdoctoral Fellowship, London.
- Ph.D. Population Studies (1992), Annamalai University, Annamalainagar.
- M.A. Population Studies (1983), Annamalai University, Annamalainagar.
- B.Sc. Mathematics (1980), Madras University, Madras.
Areas of Interest:
- Fertility and mortality analysis, Population and development, Social determinants of health, Population ageing and large-scale health surveys.
- Member, International Union for the Scientific Study of Population (IUSSP).
- Member, British Society for Population Studies (BSPS).
- Life Member, Indian Association for the Study of Population (IASP).
- Member, Scientific Panel on Policy Research and Data Needs to Meet the Challenge of Population Ageing in Asia, National Academy of Sciences (NAS), USA
- Member, Scientific Panel on Policy Research and Data Needs to Meet the Challenge of Population Ageing in Asia, Indian National Science Academy (INSA).
Consultant / Advisor:
- Advisor, Multi-country studies cluster, Evidence, Information and Research (EIP) division, World Health Organization, Geneva Headquarters
- Consultant, Department of Population, Health and Society, Harvard School of Public Health, Harvard University, Boston.
- Consultant, Ministry of Health, Government of Qatar, Qatar
Any other information:
P. Arokiasamy has more than 70 publications comprising 5 books, 43 research articles in national and international journals and 25 printed research reports
- Published Books -5
- Published Research Papers-43
- Printed Project Reports-25
- Research Projects Completed-10
- Ongoing Research Projects-2
Country visited :
- United Kingdom, Switzerland, United States of America, France, Hong Kong, China and Singapore